The BBC has unveiled the line-up for the new series of Celebrity Mastermind and revealed the popular quiz has moved into a new Friday night slot at 8pm on BBC One.
BBC presenter, Clive Myrie resides over proceedings as the brave celebrities take their place in the formidable black chair in a bid to raise funds for their chosen charity. This year’s contenders are once again some of the UK’s top comedians, sports personalities, actors and TV presenters, including professional footballer Troy Deeney, singer-songwriter Andrew Roachford, and BBC News presenter Jane Hill.
Comedian Rosie Jones, BBC Radio 1 DJ Gemma Bradley, Musician Dan Gillespie Sells from the band The Feeling, and broadcaster Andy Goldstein are the first celebrities who will be tested on their specialist subjects. These include BBC sitcom Dinner Ladies, the Iron Man films, songwriter Bernie Taupin and Martin Scorsese’s iconic gangster film, Goodfellas.
Rosie Jones comments: “I grew up watching Mastermind and it was a complete dream of mine to one day sit in that famous leather chair, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint. I had a hoot!”
In episode two, star of Mrs Brown’s Boys Danny O’Carroll, Drag Race UK queen Cheddar Gorgeous, Coach Trip’s Brendan Sheerin and comedian Jayde Adams go head-to-head with their specialist subjects which are Irish footballing legend Robbie Keane, Mythical Creatures of the British Isles, Barcelona’s Sagrada Família, and cult supernatural TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Cheddar Gorgeous says: “I can’t wait to test my knowledge in the most prestigious cognitive contest in entertainment history. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about sitting in a chair, and I really like sitting down!”
Clive Myrie comments: “What I love about Celebrity Mastermind, is that our famous contenders are game for anything. Up for a grilling in the famous black chair. It’s wonderful entertainment helping out their favourite charities. Game on!”
Kalpna Patel-Knight, Head of Entertainment says: “It is great having Celebrity Mastermind back in the schedules and with the brand new Friday spot! I am sure that viewers are looking forward to seeing more famous faces be put through their paces by Clive, as they raise money for their chosen charities.”
The full 2023 episodes line-up features:
- Nick Pickard, Hollyoaks actor on Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Karen Bardsley, former Lioness on the Films of Will Ferrell
- Harpz Kaur, DJ and Radio Presenter on Indian singer Diljit Dosanjh
- Terry Christian, broadcaster on Manchester United in the Tommy Docherty years
- Jane Hill, BBC News presenter on the Music of Abba
- Mica Ven, Gogglebox star on the Films of Eddie Murphy
- Dr Amir Khan, TV doctor on the R&B group TLC
- Jamie MacDonald, comedian on the Adrian Mole books of Sue Townsend
- Andrew Roachford, singer-songwriter on the Music of Stevie Wonder
- Sara Barron, comedian on the musical Guys & Dolls
- Jo Coffey, Waterloo Road actor and comedian on Dallas character J.R. Ewing
- Jason Mohammad, BBC Sport presenter on the Films of Al Pacino
- Troy Deeney, professional footballer on Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man Trilogy
- Jasmine Harman, A Place in the Sun presenter on Prince
- OJ Borg, BBC Radio 2 presenter on the comedy franchise Wayne’s World
- Dana, singer on UK Hit Singles 1969-1976
Applications are now also open for the next series of Mastermind via BBC Shows & Tours
Thank you for reading this post.